Nordcloud is an AWS Premier Consulting and Managed Services Partner, as well as a Microsoft Azure Gold Cloud Partner + Expert Managed Services Provider, and a Google Cloud Platform Strategic Partner.
We are recruiting for a full-time Cloud Operations Engineer position to help growing our global 24/7/365 Managed Services Business in Poznań.
At Managed Cloud, we operate the most demanding and sophisticated Public Cloud workloads for our Enterprise Customers across Europe across all industry verticals. Our aim is to become the Number One Managed Services company in Europe, with the philosophy of providing the best possible customer experience in support services. We thrive to automate and script everything for maximum scalability, robustness and reliability.
Our Cloud Operations Engineers are jacks and jills of all trades, self-guided missiles who take ownership and don’t shy away from their responsibilities in operating in any of Public Clouds which we provide to our Customers.
In your day-to-day operations you will get to:
- Participate in our 24/7 manned Operations Center
- Address Customer service requests in improving, implementing, extending, and maintaining Public Cloud services
- Troubleshoot and resolve any escalated incidents, with support from Senior Cloud Architects and on-call
- Maintain and develop Managed Cloud services’ technologies, including, for example; full-stack monitoring solutions, Cloud Security, patch automation, and centralized log management
- Collaborate with our R&D and consulting service lines in building robust Cloud native services and solutions
- Automate everything and ensure that only critical alerts make noise in our 24/7 operations
- Actively maintain your competence in Public Cloud technologies and build automation solutions that scale and solve Customers’ business needs
- Simply rock in all Customer communications
All in all, you’ll have a selection of different hats and have the luxury of following Customer projects (their Cloud journeys) from start to Cloud native and serverless worlds.
Cutting to the chase, you are our guy/gal, if you’ve got:
- Infrastructure understanding with DevOps and can-do mindset
- Customer-first attitude and experience in serving large-scale customers
- You know your way around on the command line, both Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows
- Experience with issue tracking/ticketing systems (e.g. JIRA) and Incident Management
- Experience in scripting and willingness & capability to learn
- Public Cloud understanding: Amazon Web Services / Microsoft Azure / Google Cloud Platform
- Are self-driven and capable of working independently
As a Bonus, we will recognize:
- Public Cloud certifications
- Understanding of ISO:27001 certified operations
- Programming experience (e.g. shell scripting, Perl, Python)
- Understanding of ITIL Processes (Incident Mgmt, Problem Mgmt)
- Experience with monitoring tooling such as Datadog, New Relic, Sumo Logic, Nagios or Zabbix
- Successful track record in 24/7 Operations and System Administration
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Terraform
- Experience with a container infrastructure, e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience/understanding in working with various SQL/NoSQL databases
- Appreciation for Site Reliability Engineering way of thinking
Why Nordcloud as your next career move?
- We offer you an opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company where you will have an important impact - according to Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 listing 2016 Nordcloud is the fastest growing tech company in Finland and 2017 Nordcloud reached the top 5!
- Interesting projects and a chance to work with a variety of high-profile Customers from several industries
- Possibility to gather valued certificates and participate in world class courses and training, you can choose from various courses to ensure continuous learning
- Lots of opportunities to develop your expertise while working together with our leading European Cloud Professionals and state of the art technology
- Flexibility in working hours
- Nordcloud CODE: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with
- A cool new office in the center of Poznań!
Learn more about our team here at Nordcloud
Founded in 2011, Nordcloud is an European leader in public cloud infrastructure solutions and cloud native application services. Since 2012 it has completed more than 500 successful deployments that have helped its enterprise customers reap the full benefits of the cloud, including better security, agility, scalability and reduced costs. With a current turnover of 50 million euros, Nordcloud employs 360+ people in offices around Europe including Helsinki (HQ), Stockholm, Oslo, London, Munich, Amsterdam, Poznań, Copenhagen, Malmö and Jyväskylä. Nordcloud is one of only 2 European players in Gartner´s Global Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Services Providers 2018. We are an AWS Premier Consulting Partner, Google Cloud Premier Partner and a Microsoft Gold Cloud Partner.
Welcome to #TheCloudRevolution
If you are interested in taking the next step in your career with a dynamic company, helping its customers embrace the cloud, please send us your CV/LinkedIn profile and a few words about yourself.